Orthotic Footwear helps to:
- Reduce pain.
- Control, guide, limit and/or immobilize lower limbs and feet.
- Restrict movement in a given direction.
- Reduce weight bearing forces for less wear on an area.
- Aid rehabilitation from fractures after the removal of a cast.
- Provide easier movement capability.
In short, orthotics footwear is a beneficial aid in chiropractic care for patient recovery from pain or accidents or simple wear and tear.
Douglas Chiropractic has teamed with the Foot Function Lab since 1990 to provide custom orthotics to help reduce pain and ill movements for patients. All orthotics are custom-made to each patient and made in the Foot Function Lab located in Coral Springs.
The CUSTOM SYSTEM of the Foot Function Lab includes two systems and is designed to benefit the patient. With the aid of the doctors, the orthotic may be ordered in any length and form, material and thickness. This allows for ordering the best design and materials to accurately fit and control the patient’s feet and body.
- Traditionally podiatric-type orthotics.
- Involves a variety of materials, from soft to semi-flexible to rigid.
- Made from foam impression or plaster casts.
- Posted extrinsically or intrinsically, depending on the prescription.
- Guaranteed 100% to be custom-made from each individual’s impression.
- Nothing is pre-made.
- Velcro® fasteners included for proper fit.
- Manufactured from a FREE 1-inch Cast-A-Foam tray or plaster casts.
- Unique padded metatarsal bar flexible in any degree of forefoot control.
- Include accommodation of changes at no extra charge.